-   -   Counting the number of elements within an array that have data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298503-counting-number-elements-within-array-have-data.html)

ExcelMonkey[_125_]

Counting the number of elements within an array that have data

I have a 1D VBA array filled with integers. I have gone through th
array and deleted various element (i.e. array(3) = "",array(7) = "
etc).

I now want to count the number of elements within the revised arra
which contain integers only (or no data at all - whatever is easier).

How do I do this?

Thank

Greg Wilson[_4_]

Counting the number of elements within an array that have data

Try:

MsgBox Application.Count(Array)

Regards,
Greg

I have a 1D VBA array filled with integers. I have gone

through the
array and deleted various element (i.e. array(3)

= "",array(7) = ""
etc).

I now want to count the number of elements within the

revised array
which contain integers only (or no data at all - whatever

is easier).

How do I do this?

Thanks

---

.

Chris

Counting the number of elements within an array that have data

If you use the code i gave you to transfer the Elements to a New array all you have to do is use UBound(Myarray) to get the upper number and then based on your Option base: 0 = Num -1 OR 1 = Nu

But if you just want to count then here

Dim i as single, j as singl
For i = LBound(YourArray) To UBound(YourArray
if Not MyArray(i) = "" then j =j+
Next
Debug.print "Total number of elements with a value = " &
Debug.Print "Total number of elements with No Value = " UBound(YourArray) -

----- ExcelMonkey wrote: ----

I have a 1D VBA array filled with integers. I have gone through th
array and deleted various element (i.e. array(3) = "",array(7) = "
etc)

I now want to count the number of elements within the revised arra
which contain integers only (or no data at all - whatever is easier)

How do I do this

Thank

Tom Ogilvy

Counting the number of elements within an array that have data

Why not count them when you change them?

Tom Ogilvy

"ExcelMonkey " wrote in message
I have a 1D VBA array filled with integers. I have gone through the
array and deleted various element (i.e. array(3) = "",array(7) = ""
etc).

I now want to count the number of elements within the revised array
which contain integers only (or no data at all - whatever is easier).

How do I do this?

Thanks

---

sheila

counting recurring part nos. in a list

i am wondering how i can get excel to count the recurring
part numbers in a list.

Roger Whitehead[_4_]

counting recurring part nos. in a list

Have you tried using the COUNTIF function?

Roger
Shaftesbury (UK)