-   -   Percentage problems (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298474-percentage-problems.html)

don

Percentage problems

If I have a percentage in a column and in another I have a
value (sometimes it is a minus value) and want to
calculate the value as a percentage I cant seem to get it
to work.

Any ideas I have tried everything I can think of..

Thanks

david mcritchie

Percentage problems

Hi "Don" <anonymous@dis...,
What does it do instead of work?
What is the formula and associated data?
---
HTH,

"Don" wrote in message ...
If I have a percentage in a column and in another I have a
value (sometimes it is a minus value) and want to
calculate the value as a percentage I cant seem to get it
to work.

Any ideas I have tried everything I can think of..

Thanks

Frank Kabel

Percentage problems

Hi
and what's the basis for your percentage calculation?. You may post an
example (plain text please) and describe your expected result based on
this example

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Don wrote:
If I have a percentage in a column and in another I have a
value (sometimes it is a minus value) and want to
calculate the value as a percentage I cant seem to get it
to work.

Any ideas I have tried everything I can think of..

Thanks

Matt Lunn[_2_]

Percentage problems

Hi,

Enter your value in A1. In B1 enter the number you wish
to express A1 as a percentage of (say 100). In C1 place
the following formula

=SUM(A1/B1)

Then format C1 as percentage.

When you say it doesn't work, what result are you getting?

Is the value in B1 ever 0? This will cause a DIV/0 error

If I have a percentage in a column and in another I have

value (sometimes it is a minus value) and want to
calculate the value as a percentage I cant seem to get

it
to work.

Any ideas I have tried everything I can think of..

Thanks
.

Ron Rosenfeld

Percentage problems

On Sun, 16 May 2004 11:25:15 -0700, "Matt Lunn"
wrote:

=SUM(A1/B1)

What is the purpose of the SUM worksheet function in your recommendation?

In other words, why not the simpler

=A1/B1

??

--ron