-   -   disabling cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298354-disabling-cells.html)

lak

disabling cells

Hi

I would like to know if there is any code in VBA by which i can disabl
cells in Excel once the work sheet is open.

Thank

losmac[_2_]

disabling cells

Private Sub Workbook_Open(
ThisWorkbook.WorkSheets("name").Range("2:2").Hidde n = Tru
End Sub

Frank Kabel

disabling cells

Hi
what do you mean with 'disable'?. You may unlock all other cells
('Format - Cells - Protection') and protect the worksheet to prevent
any entries in the remaining (locked) cells

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"lak " schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi

I would like to know if there is any code in VBA by which i can

disable
cells in Excel once the work sheet is open.

Thanks

---

lak

disabling cells

Hi
thanx for the reply..however i dont understand how to unlock a cel
when the work sheet is protected b'cause the menu which
said(Format-Cell-unlock) is not enabled once the work sheet i
protected...Can u pls give me a step by step explanation.

Than

lak

disabling cells

Hi x

Thanx for ur reply....in the codewhat does (2:2) stand for is it th
Row & column? can u pls tell me in detail.

Than

Frank Kabel

disabling cells

Hi
within your code do the following:
- unprotect the worksheet
- unlock the cell
- protect the worksheet again

Try recording a macro while doing this manually

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"lak " schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi
thanx for the reply..however i dont understand how to unlock a cell
when the work sheet is protected b'cause the menu which u
said(Format-Cell-unlock) is not enabled once the work sheet is
protected...Can u pls give me a step by step explanation.

Thanx

---

lak

disabling cells

Thanks a lot for ur help..I am able to do wat i wanted to.

regards
La