-   -   remote module (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298342-remote-module.html)

karin

remote module

i am creating an excel template document, using VBA to help make data entry easier. my problem is that the template file is becoming very large. i am wondering if it is possible to create a public module that is not linked to any one file, but that can be accessed by any file. This way my template (and all documents created using it) will not be so large

thank
karin

Chip Pearson

remote module

Karin,

Modules must always exist inside of a workbook. (You can export a
module to a text file, but then it is just a text file, and you
can't call its procedures.) You might want to consider writing
all the common procedures in a module in an Add-In, and have all
the client workbooks reference that add-in.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"karin" wrote in message
i am creating an excel template document, using VBA to help

make data entry easier. my problem is that the template file is
becoming very large. i am wondering if it is possible to create
a public module that is not linked to any one file, but that can
be accessed by any file. This way my template (and all documents
created using it) will not be so large.

thanks
karin

Chris