-   -   Conditional Formatting using Custom VBA functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298329-conditional-formatting-using-custom-vba-functions.html)

R Avery

Conditional Formatting using Custom VBA functions

I have a custom function that takes an excel range and returns a variant
array of doubles. I put this in a module in the workbook that i am
using it.

I can use it to do things like having a cell formula =
"=funct(A1)=max(funct(A1:A10))", and it works correctly.

However, when I try to use the same exact formula as above in
conditional formatting, it does not work. THe conditional formatting
just doesn't do anything. Is this a bug in Excel, or am I missing
something?

Any help would be most appreciated!

R Avery

Conditional Formatting using Custom VBA functions

Never mind! I figured it out. My function didn't properly take care of
blank cells in the range. Now it works properly.

R Avery

Conditional Formatting using Custom VBA functions

Actually, I do have a question. When calling custom vba functions from
within conditional formatting, and i set a breakpoint in the code for
the function, it never breaks, even though i know that the conditional
formatting is evaluating itself again.