-   -   How to use Input cell and or view as a display cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298301-how-use-input-cell-view-display-cell.html)

bob

How to use Input cell and or view as a display cell

How can one alter a cell from calculation in another cell?
What is wrong with this IF function? I have a hidden column
(column K), in one of the cells I am trying to calculate
if a total dollar amount in column N(not hidden), if that
value is equal to $0.00. Then another cell in column J(not
hidden) is equal to another cell in column C (not hidden).
My statement is as follows: =IF(N56=0,J57=C57,j57=0).

Chip Pearson

How to use Input cell and or view as a display cell

Bob,

A function cannot change any other cell. It can only return a
result in to the cell which called it.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"bob" wrote in message
How can one alter a cell from calculation in another cell?
What is wrong with this IF function? I have a hidden column
(column K), in one of the cells I am trying to calculate
if a total dollar amount in column N(not hidden), if that
value is equal to $0.00. Then another cell in column J(not
hidden) is equal to another cell in column C (not hidden).
My statement is as follows: =IF(N56=0,J57=C57,j57=0).

Frank Kabel

How to use Input cell and or view as a display cell

Hi
formulas can't change other cells. They can only return a value to the
cell in which they reside

--
Regards
Frank Kabel