Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date-to-number in Excel

Hi all,

I have a cell that is a "start time" and a cell that is an "end time" and a
cell that is just the difference between the two. I have a fourth cell
that contains an arbitrary number. Say, 22. ie:

a b c d
13:00 13:40 0:40 22

The goal is to figure out what my rate per hour is. So I need to divide
sixty minutes by the time span to arrive at 1.5, then multiply that by d
(22) to get 33. So if I spent forty minutes doing something and I made 22
units, in an hour I would make 33. Simple, right?

I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT IN EXCEL!

I've tried changing the types, everything I can think of.

Help?

Thanks,
Jason