-   -   Shared workbook and VBA problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298208-shared-workbook-vba-problem.html)

jeannette

Shared workbook and VBA problem

Hi Group,

I am new at this Excel stuff and I am hitting my head on a silly
problem that I am sure many have seen before.
I wrote a very simple spreadsheet where I use the Calendar control to
pick some dates. Everything was fine until I decided that I needed to
share it on the network with other users.
As soon as I share it the calendar control stops working. I get a
"runtime error 1004, unable to set left property of oleobject class".
That's because the first thing I try to do is position the calendar.
If I don't do that, it still doesn't work. I tried to use a combobox
instead of the calendar and I have the same problem.
Is there something I am missing here between VBA and sharing?

Thanks,

Jeannette

jeanne8 AT eblw.com

Jeannette