-   -   find last column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298117-find-last-column.html)

No Name

find last column

how can i find the last column in a particular row.
To fidn the last column in a the sheet we find thru:
With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
lastColSum = .Column + .Columns.Count - 1
End With
but what if i want to find in a particular row?

thanks in advance

Bob Kilmer[_2_]

find last column

Sub FindLastEmptyCellInRow1()
Dim rng As Range
'find the last cell in row 1 with something in it.
Set rng = Rows(1).Cells.Find("*", , , xlPart, xlByColumns, xlPrevious,
False)
If rng Is Nothing Then
'no occupied cells
MsgBox "Column: #1"
Else
If rng.Column = Columns.count Then
MsgBox "Last cell is full"
Else
MsgBox "Column: #" & rng.Column + 1
Set rng = Nothing
End Sub

wrote in message
how can i find the last column in a particular row.
To fidn the last column in a the sheet we find thru:
With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
lastColSum = .Column + .Columns.Count - 1
End With
but what if i want to find in a particular row?

thanks in advance

No Name

find last column

thanks a lot bob..for a very quick response and a
wonderful solution

thanks again!

wrote in message
how can i find the last column in a particular row.
To fidn the last column in a the sheet we find thru:
With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
lastColSum = .Column + .Columns.Count - 1
End With
but what if i want to find in a particular row?

thanks in advance

.

mudraker[_215_]

find last column

Also try

LastCol = Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Colum