-   -   Macro for pasteing to destination based on a cell value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298088-macro-pasteing-destination-based-cell-value.html)

daggra

Macro for pasteing to destination based on a cell value

I have a simple macro which copies the values from a set of cells, and
pastes them into a different sheet.
However I'm trying to change it so that the destination cell is
dependant on the value contain in a seperate cell.

For example:
I want to copy from 'A1' and paste to 'C1', but if the value of 'X1' =
1, I want to paste into 'C2' - If 'X1' = 2 then it pastes into 'C3'
etc.

The value range for X1 would only be between 1 and 5.

Any ideas you've got would be appreciated.

---

MAM[_2_]

Macro for pasteing to destination based on a cell value

Try this ....

=IF(X1=1,C1=A1,IF(X1=2,C2=A2, IF(X1=3,C3=A3,X1=0)))

----- daggra wrote: ----

I have a simple macro which copies the values from a set of cells, an
pastes them into a different sheet
However I'm trying to change it so that the destination cell i
dependant on the value contain in a seperate cell

For example:
I want to copy from 'A1' and paste to 'C1', but if the value of 'X1'
1, I want to paste into 'C2' - If 'X1' = 2 then it pastes into 'C3
etc

The value range for X1 would only be between 1 and 5

Any ideas you've got would be appreciated

steveb[_4_]

Macro for pasteing to destination based on a cell value

Not sure if I have this totally right, but look at the following:

Selection.Copy _
Destination:=Sheets("MySheet").Cells(Activesheet.R ange("X1")+1,3)

or
Selection.Copy _
Destination:=Sheets(2).Cells(Activesheet.Range("X1 ")+1,3)

You can replace Selection with Range("A1")
Change 'MySheet' or 2 to fit your situation.

Notice that this doesn't select the second sheet, just pastes there.

This uses Cells() instead of Range. Where Cells(1,1) = Range("A1")

hth
--
steveb
(Remove 'NOSPAM' from email address if replying direct)