-   -   Workbook renaming! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298055-workbook-renaming.html)

aiyer[_21_]

Workbook renaming!

Hi all!

A quick question.Here is what I am trying to do.

Name of the original workbook changed in the middle of certai
operations/tasks performed by some macros. So I want to rename th
workbook back to the orginal name and at the same time, i DO NOT wan
to save the changes made/done in the sheet/workbook till then and kee
the workbook still open, so that I can repeat the macros again an
again before finally closing the workbook manually.

I tried the following but evidently could'nt use it, as it closes th
sheet.

activeworkbook.close savechanges:=false

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Thanks.

Arun,
Vtec Corp

Harald Staff

Workbook renaming!

Hi Arun

It's not extremely obvious to me what you want to do, but

application.displayalerts = False

will turn off (or on, with True) excel's built-in warnings. And

Activeworkbook.Saved = True

will trick excel to believe that no changes are made, no matter if that's
true or not.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"aiyer " skrev i melding
Hi all!

A quick question.Here is what I am trying to do.

Name of the original workbook changed in the middle of certain
operations/tasks performed by some macros. So I want to rename the
workbook back to the orginal name and at the same time, i DO NOT want
to save the changes made/done in the sheet/workbook till then and keep
the workbook still open, so that I can repeat the macros again and
again before finally closing the workbook manually.

I tried the following but evidently could'nt use it, as it closes the
sheet.

activeworkbook.close savechanges:=false

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Thanks.