-   -   decimal separator (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/297915-decimal-separator.html)

tomek

decimal separator

Hi,
does anyone know how to check with VBA what decimal separator is set in the
system. I'm using MS Office '97 and Win98 but it probably works the same way
in other versions too.
thanks in advance for the tip.
Tomek

Leo Heuser[_3_]

decimal separator

Hi Tomek

Application.International(xlDecimalSeparator)

should work in all versions.

In Excel 2002 and forward, you can also use:

Application.DecimalSeparator

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Tomek" skrev i en meddelelse
does anyone know how to check with VBA what decimal separator is set in

the
system. I'm using MS Office '97 and Win98 but it probably works the same

way
in other versions too.
thanks in advance for the tip.
Tomek

tomek

decimal separator

Hi Leo,
that's it! Great! At the same time I've learned of many, many other
parameters I often wondered about. The Application.International collection
gives a huge amount of useful information. Stupid me I didn't find it
before... :)
thanks a lot.
Tomek

"Leo Heuser" wrote in message
Hi Tomek

Application.International(xlDecimalSeparator)

should work in all versions.

In Excel 2002 and forward, you can also use:

Application.DecimalSeparator

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Leo Heuser[_3_]

decimal separator

You're welcome, Tomek, and thanks for
the feedback :-)

LeoH

"Tomek" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi Leo,
that's it! Great! At the same time I've learned of many, many other
parameters I often wondered about. The Application.International

collection
gives a huge amount of useful information. Stupid me I didn't find it
before... :)
thanks a lot.
Tomek

tomek