-   -   Trying to return cell formatting? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/297887-trying-return-cell-formatting.html)

Alan Ibbotson

Trying to return cell formatting?

I am trying to return the format settings for alignment of the active cell
i.e. Text Alignment and Text Orientation. All I get now is -4131 and -4128.
I don't know how to interpret those results. I would be grateful if someone
could point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Alan

JE McGimpsey

Trying to return cell formatting?

I looked up the Range Object in XL/VBA Help and found the description
for the HorizontalAlign property, which can have one of the xlHAlign
constants as a value.

In the Object Browser I found that -4131 corresponds to the constant
xlHAlignLeft.

Similarly Help's description of Range's Orientation property shows that
it can take on one of the xlOrientation constants as a value. Again in
the Object Browser, I found that -4128 corresponds to xlHorizontal.