-   -   Capturing text in active cell to clipborad (Excel 95) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/297054-capturing-text-active-cell-clipborad-excel-95-a.html)

sth

Capturing text in active cell to clipborad (Excel 95)

My Excel programming skill are not very good, so plz excuse my
ignorance.

Through an Excel macro, I would like to automate capturing into the
clipboard the text in a selected cell. I have tried using
Selection.Copy
command but the app that will be receiving the copied cell returns an
errror message stating that only text can be pasted.

I also tried using this code, which I scavenged from
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm:

Public Sub PutOnClipboard(Obj As Variant)
Dim MyDataObj As New DataObject
MyDataObj.SetText Format(Obj)
MyDataObj.PutInClipboard
End Sub

Public Function GetOffClipboard() As Variant
Dim MyDataObj As New DataObject
MyDataObj.GetFromClipboard
GetOffClipboard = MyDataObj.GetText()
End Function

Public Sub ClearClipboard()
Dim MyDataObj As New DataObject
MyDataObj.SetText ""
MyDataObj.PutInClipboard
End Sub

However, Excel 95 shows the following as error:
Dim MyDataObj As New DataObject

Is there a way to get Excel 95 (v 7.0) to perform this task?

Thx much.

Steve Garman

Capturing text in active cell to clipborad (Excel 95)

It's been a while, but if I recall correctly, there was a Clipboard
object back then.

Have you tried this:

Clipboard.Clear
Clipboard.SetText Range("A1").Text

sth wrote:
My Excel programming skill are not very good, so plz excuse my
ignorance.

Through an Excel macro, I would like to automate capturing into the
clipboard the text in a selected cell. I have tried using
Selection.Copy
command but the app that will be receiving the copied cell returns an
errror message stating that only text can be pasted.

I also tried using this code, which I scavenged from
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm:

<snip

Tom Ogilvy

Capturing text in active cell to clipborad (Excel 95)

In VB (and still is). I don't believe there was one in VBA.

Tom Ogilvy

sth wrote:
My Excel programming skill are not very good, so plz excuse my
ignorance.

Through an Excel macro, I would like to automate capturing into the
clipboard the text in a selected cell. I have tried using
Selection.Copy
command but the app that will be receiving the copied cell returns an
errror message stating that only text can be pasted.

I also tried using this code, which I scavenged from
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm:

<snip

Michel Pierron[_2_]

Capturing text in active cell to clipborad (Excel 95)

Hi sth;
Using DataObject need a reference to Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library
MP

"sth" a écrit dans le message de
om...
[...]

Dataobject was added in xl97. so it isn't available in Excel 95.

Tom Ogilvy

"Michel Pierron" wrote in message
[...]

Steve, Thx for the attempt but those commands resulted in an error
message: "Object required."

=====

sth wrote:
My Excel programming skill are not very good, so plz excuse my
ignorance.

Through an Excel macro, I would like to automate capturing into the
clipboard the text in a selected cell. I have tried using
Selection.Copy
command but the app that will be receiving the copied cell returns an
errror message stating that only text can be pasted.

I also tried using this code, which I scavenged from
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboar.htm:

<snip

[email protected]

Capturing text in active cell to clipborad (Excel 95)

So, In Excel 95 I am SOL? Can't get there from here?

=====

On Mon, 3 May 2004 13:58:42 -0400, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

Dataobject was added in xl97. so it isn't available in Excel 95.

Steve Garman

Capturing text in active cell to clipborad (Excel 95)

Having already established that I don't remember XL95 very well, there's
a function here that might be of some use to you:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...itenntp.io.com

wrote:

Dataobject was added in xl97. so it isn't available in Excel 95.

sth

Capturing text in active cell to clipborad (Excel 95)

That link was excellent. Problem solved! Thx much, Steve.

=====