-   -   excel formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/296621-excel-formula.html)

tj

excel formula

trying to create a payroll spreadsheet using "sheets" as
payperiods. Having trouble creating incrimental increase
of accrued Vacation Sick and Comp without re-entering
data on each sheet. need a formulas for the following:

"previous sheet value" + "Accrued time" equals new value

"previous sheet value" "+ or - comp" equals new value

I have 26 Sheets representing pay periods. I need a
previous sheet reference instead of a specific sheet
reference. Please help

Jim Rech

excel formula

Excel does not have a way to reference other sheets relatively; the
references are always absolute. So a reference to Sheet1 from Sheet2 will
stay Sheet1 when copied to Sheet3.

You could go to Sheet3 and do a Find/Replace to change Sheet1 references to
Sheet2.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP