-   -   Repaint causes form to flicker (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/296457-repaint-causes-form-flicker.html)

chad

Repaint causes form to flicker

I created a user form which has a calandar on it for the user to enter a date and then click a button to run a macro. I also have a progress indicator on it which displays the four or five steps the macro takes and has a percentage next to it indicating how far along it is. I have screenupdating off and use the repaint feature to update the percentage. The problem is that the repaint causes the form to flicker a lot. Is there a way around this

The progress indicator may be a crude way of doing it
for count = 1 to activesheet.usedrange.rows.coun
a=a+
userform.label = format(a/count,"0%"
userform.repain
code..

I thought I might make a new form for the progress indication (currently the progress indication is a part of the user form). Is there a better way BESIDES the application.statusbar ? Thanks

Michel Pierron

Repaint causes form to flicker

Hi Chad;
You can try:
for count = 1 to activesheet.usedrange.rows.count
a=a+1
DoEvents
userform.label = format(a/count,"0%")
code...

MP

"Chad" a écrit dans le message de
I created a user form which has a calandar on it for the user to enter a

date and then click a button to run a macro. I also have a progress
indicator on it which displays the four or five steps the macro takes and
has a percentage next to it indicating how far along it is. I have
screenupdating off and use the repaint feature to update the percentage.
The problem is that the repaint causes the form to flicker a lot. Is there
a way around this?

The progress indicator may be a crude way of doing it:
for count = 1 to activesheet.usedrange.rows.count
a=a+1
userform.label = format(a/count,"0%")
userform.repaint
code...

I thought I might make a new form for the progress indication (currently

the progress indication is a part of the user form). Is there a better way
BESIDES the application.statusbar ? Thanks

chad

Repaint causes form to flicker

Awesome! thank you.