-   -   Conditional macro execution (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/296395-conditional-macro-execution.html)

Willis Marsh

Conditional macro execution

Is there a way I can fire a macro based on time of day?
i.e 08:10

Thanks in advance,

Earl Kiosterud[_3_]

Conditional macro execution

Willis,

Look at Application.Ontime.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Willis Marsh" wrote in message
Is there a way I can fire a macro based on time of day?
i.e 08:10

Thanks in advance,

ste mac

Conditional macro execution

"Willis Marsh" wrote in message ...
Is there a way I can fire a macro based on time of day?
i.e 08:10

Thanks in advance,

Hi Willis... this was posted by Rob van Gelder it may be of some help...

seeya ste

Sub ScheduleMe()
Application.OnTime Now() + TimeValue("00:00:05"), "RunMe"
End Sub

Sub RunMe()
Beep
ScheduleMe
End Sub

Chip Pearson

Conditional macro execution

The problem with this code is that there is no way to terminate
the loop. How would you ever stop RunMe from rescheduling itself
without terminating Excel? You should store the run time in a
public variable, and use the value of that variable in the OnTime
procedure. See www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm for details.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"ste mac" wrote in message
om...
"Willis Marsh" wrote in message

Is there a way I can fire a macro based on time of day?
i.e 08:10

Thanks in advance,

Hi Willis... this was posted by Rob van Gelder it may be of

some help...

seeya ste

Sub ScheduleMe()
Application.OnTime Now() + TimeValue("00:00:05"), "RunMe"
End Sub

Sub RunMe()
Beep
ScheduleMe
End Sub

Willis Marsh[_2_]

Conditional macro execution

The problem with this code is that there is no way to

terminate
the loop. How would you ever stop RunMe from rescheduling

itself
without terminating Excel? You should store the run time

in a
public variable, and use the value of that variable in

the OnTime
procedure. See www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm for

details.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"ste mac" wrote in message
. com...
"Willis Marsh" wrote in message

.. .
Is there a way I can fire a macro based on time of

day?
i.e 08:10

Thanks in advance,

Hi Willis... this was posted by Rob van Gelder it may

be of
some help...

seeya ste

Sub ScheduleMe()
Application.OnTime Now() + TimeValue

("00:00:05"), "RunMe"
End Sub

Sub RunMe()
Beep
ScheduleMe
End Sub

.
Thanks for the help.

Sub ScheduleMe()
Application.OnTime TimeValue("08:10:00"), "SaveWorksheet
()"
End Sub
Works just fine