-   -   Extracting duplicate data from two lists (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/296332-extracting-duplicate-data-two-lists.html)

nikf

Extracting duplicate data from two lists

Hi,
I have two lists, consisting of customer ids in the form
00-00-00 ( using custom format). The first list consists
of 15,000 ids and the second one contains 500 id's. I would
like to create a third column that would consist of id's that
are in both lists.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, nikf

Tom Ogilvy

Extracting duplicate data from two lists

Next to either list put in the formula

=if(Countif(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$15000,A1)0,A1,"")

then drag fill down alongside list (in the example, the list of 500 ID's).

Tom Ogilvy

om...