-   -   need formula to set value based on a date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/296266-need-formula-set-value-based-date.html)

neowok[_55_]

need formula to set value based on a date

in column O i have a date in format dd/mm/yy. In column P I want to pu
a formula to say:

if O is blank then do nothing

if date in O is not in the past then cell value= number of days fro
today

if date in O IS in the past then cell value = "Expired"

I already have conditional formatting set up to colour the cells i
based on the date, so now I just need to fill them in.

I know its not hugely difficult, I just cant ever get the formulas t
work properly hehe

Thank

Frank Kabel

need formula to set value based on a date

Hi
try the following in P1
=IF(O1="","",IF(O1=TODAY(),O1-TODAY(),"Expired"))

in column O i have a date in format dd/mm/yy. In column

P I want to put
a formula to say:

if O is blank then do nothing

if date in O is not in the past then cell value= number

of days from
today

if date in O IS in the past then cell value = "Expired"

I already have conditional formatting set up to colour

the cells in
based on the date, so now I just need to fill them in.

I know its not hugely difficult, I just cant ever get the

formulas to
work properly hehe

Thanks

---

.

neowok[_56_]

need formula to set value based on a date

seems to be almost right, but its putting a date into P1 instead of th
number of days between today and the date that is in O.

Thank

Frank Kabel

need formula to set value based on a date

Hi
just format this cell as 'General' ('Format - Cells')

seems to be almost right, but its putting a date into P1

instead of the
number of days between today and the date that is in O.

Thanks

---

.

neowok[_57_]

need formula to set value based on a date

ahh yes thats got it, didnt realise i had the column formatted as
date.

Thank

Melanie Breden

need formula to set value based on a date

in column O i have a date in format dd/mm/yy. In column P I want to put
a formula to say:

if O is blank then do nothing

if date in O is not in the past then cell value= number of days from
today

if date in O IS in the past then cell value = "Expired"

I already have conditional formatting set up to colour the cells in
based on the date, so now I just need to fill them in.

I know its not hugely difficult, I just cant ever get the formulas to
work properly hehe

here still another possibility:
Formula in P1:
= If(O1="", "",O1-TODAY())