-   -   Control Toolbox grayed out in Excel Spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/296225-control-toolbox-grayed-out-excel-spreadsheet.html)

Tamara

Control Toolbox grayed out in Excel Spreadsheet

I have a workbook that I have added a form to. Most of the time, only
the form will be visible. I added a minimize button to the form which
hides the form and minimizes Excel. To reactivate the form I want to
add a button to one of the spreadsheets in the workbook. However, the
controls in the toolbox are grayed out in this spreadsheet, but not if
I open a new workbook. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks for
your assistance-

Tamara

Tom Ogilvy

Control Toolbox grayed out in Excel Spreadsheet

Is the sheet protected?

Tom Ogilvy

"Tamara" wrote in message
om...
I have a workbook that I have added a form to. Most of the time, only
the form will be visible. I added a minimize button to the form which
hides the form and minimizes Excel. To reactivate the form I want to
add a button to one of the spreadsheets in the workbook. However, the
controls in the toolbox are grayed out in this spreadsheet, but not if
I open a new workbook. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks for
your assistance-

Tamara

Tamara Plute

Control Toolbox grayed out in Excel Spreadsheet

Hi Tom,

Thank you for responding. After reading some of the previous posts, I
checked to make sure my workbook was not protected. It is not. I did
create the form which populates the worksheets with data before trying
to add a control to a new worksheet added to the workbook. I created a
shortcut macro to reopen the form, but I would rather have a button on
the spreadsheet. Thanks again-

Tamara