Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to search, compare, copy and delete

Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out a way to easily do this task.

I have an Excel file containing a list of people. This list is i
"Sheet1"
The headers for each column in this list a
Column A
Dept. Name

Column B
Last Name

Column C
First Name

Column D
Email Address

Column E
Newtork ID

I have another list in "Sheet2"
The headers for each column in this list a
Column A
Name

The names in this column are formatted as "First name space Last Name"
for instance, "John Doe" .

What I want to do is compare the names in Column A on "Sheet2" wit
Column B and Column C in "Sheet1"
If they are the same name, then copy Column A, D and E into "Sheet2
and remove the row containing matching the name in "Sheet1"

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mar