-   -   Need help with Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/296094-need-help-macro.html)

Chuck Scott

Need help with Macro

I have a spreadsheet that we use to track budget numbers. I need a
macro that will change the text color to red for any cell that is less
than the specified budget number. EX: Cell C5 is 180.00. I want any
cells that I specify, (say C6-C12), to be red if the value is less
than C5. It sounds simple, but I just cannot seem to get it. HELP!!!

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Need help with Macro

Use conditional formatting.

Select the cells, go to FormatConditional Formatting, change condition 1 to
Formula Is, and ad a formula =$C5C6, click font, select a colour from the
patterns tab, and exit

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Chuck Scott" wrote in message
m...
I have a spreadsheet that we use to track budget numbers. I need a
macro that will change the text color to red for any cell that is less
than the specified budget number. EX: Cell C5 is 180.00. I want any
cells that I specify, (say C6-C12), to be red if the value is less
than C5. It sounds simple, but I just cannot seem to get it. HELP!!!

John McCutchen

Need help with Macro

This is the ideal place to use conditional formating.
Just go to Format|Conditional formating and set it up as
you want.

I have a spreadsheet that we use to track budget

numbers. I need a
macro that will change the text color to red for any cell

that is less
than the specified budget number. EX: Cell C5 is

180.00. I want any
cells that I specify, (say C6-C12), to be red if the

value is less
than C5. It sounds simple, but I just cannot seem to get

it. HELP!!!
.

Paul W Smith[_3_]

Need help with Macro

Use conditional formatting... no VBA required