-   -   HELP! XL2K to XP -what reference am I missing? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/296090-help-xl2k-xp-what-reference-am-i-missing.html)

Ed[_18_]

HELP! XL2K to XP -what reference am I missing?

This change from Office/Windows 2000 to Office/Windows XP is driving me
nuts! My code errors on the LEFT function, of all things! I have
referenced the Excel 10 library, as well as Word 10 and VBA and others, but
I can't get it to work! Can someone please tell me what new references I
need to set to make things work again?

Ed

Ed[_18_]

"Ed" wrote in message
This change from Office/Windows 2000 to Office/Windows XP is driving me
nuts! My code errors on the LEFT function, of all things! I have
referenced the Excel 10 library, as well as Word 10 and VBA and others,

but
I can't get it to work! Can someone please tell me what new references I
need to set to make things work again?

The code line that always worked in XL2K, but is now errors in XP is:
wb1.SaveAs Left(wb1.Name, Len(wb1.Name) - 4) & "1.xls", _
xlWorkbookNormal

Ed