-   -   Copying to another Workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/296087-copying-another-workbook.html)

Dthmtlgod

Copying to another Workbook

I want to copy data from one workbook (many sheets) to another workbook.
I want to do this behind the scenes. Don't want to have the end-user to see
this happening.

I know in FoxPro, using automation, I can visible to False.

Is this possible through VBA?

Vasant Nanavati

Copying to another Workbook

The following (untested) will copy all the sheets in the active wortkbook to
a new one.

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "c:\..............\NewName.xls"
ActiveWorkbook.Close False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

To copy to an existing workbook, modify to suit.

--

Vasant

"Dthmtlgod" wrote in message
I want to copy data from one workbook (many sheets) to another workbook.
I want to do this behind the scenes. Don't want to have the end-user to

see
this happening.

I know in FoxPro, using automation, I can visible to False.

Is this possible through VBA?

Dthmtlgod

Copying to another Workbook

Thanks

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

This is the command to keep everything hidden?

Doug

"Dthmtlgod" wrote in message
I want to copy data from one workbook (many sheets) to another workbook.
I want to do this behind the scenes. Don't want to have the end-user to

see
this happening.

I know in FoxPro, using automation, I can visible to False.

Is this possible through VBA?

Vasant Nanavati

Copying to another Workbook

For the most part, yes.

--

Vasant

Thanks

"Dthmtlgod" wrote in message
I want to copy data from one workbook (many sheets) to another

workbook.
I want to do this behind the scenes. Don't want to have the end-user

see
this happening.

I know in FoxPro, using automation, I can visible to False.

Is this possible through VBA?

Dthmtlgod

Copying to another Workbook

Cool. Thanks.

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn *AT* aol *DOT* com wrote in message
For the most part, yes.

--

Vasant

Thanks