-   -   how do I create a checkbox? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/295964-how-do-i-create-checkbox.html)

alexvanas

how do I create a checkbox?

Hi to everybody.
I m new to Excel so :
How can I create step by step a Checkbox , tie it to a cell (R8c7), an
when I check it make a red color unlight in an adiacent cell in th
same row (r8c8)?
Suppose that the cells are R8c7 and r8c8.
Thank yo

Frank Kabel

how do I create a checkbox?

Hi
try the following:
- goto 'View - toolbars' and check 'Controls'
- add a checkbox (drag it to your sheet)
- right-click on the checkbox, choose 'Properties' and define the
linked cell (R8C7)
- uncheck the 'Design mode'
- select cell R8C8
- goto 'Format - Conditional Format'
- enter the formula
=R8C7
and choose a format for the case the checkbox is checked

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Hi to everybody.
I m new to Excel so :
How can I create step by step a Checkbox , tie it to a cell (R8c7),
and when I check it make a red color unlight in an adiacent cell in
the same row (r8c8)?
Suppose that the cells are R8c7 and r8c8.
Thank you

---

alexvanas[_3_]

how do I create a checkbox?

Thank you Frank..
But now I have a new pb..every time I close the rows I grouped, i
witch I ve fit the check box, it moves around the sheet..
I would like it to be fixed and stay inside its cell..and disappea
everytime I close the grouped rows ...
And also I would like to delete the true or false word that appear
written in the cell behind the check box...

Thank you agai