-   -   Executing an older excel 4.0 macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/295957-re-executing-older-excel-4-0-macro.html)

pgerrish

Executing an older excel 4.0 macro

Record a new Macro

From the menu Choose Edit/Links Check Automatic and then Update now.

Open the recorded macro and look at your code.

If you are automating this (such as trying to reinitialize a dead link
without anyone sitting at the computer) you will need to send an enter
key SendKeys "{enter}" before the update in case the Update is not
successful. Otherwise excel will prompt you with a yes no question
asking if you want to start the application - and this stops execution
of the vba code.

wrote in message ...
I am trying to convert an older excel 4 macro into VBA.
The line of is ExecuteExcel4Macro "SET.UPDATES.STATUS
(""NOAMGR|EXCEL!DISPLAYZONEGAMMA"",1,2). VBA does not
like the ExecuteExcel4Macro.

This line of code is suppose to set the links in Excel to
NOAMGR (another DDE program) from manual to automatic.

I tried to record a macro in Excel 97 and I still get the
same line of code?

Any Ideas?