-   -   CSV to TXT: how to (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/295923-csv-txt-how.html)

Alex[_13_]

CSV to TXT: how to

I have Excel .CSV file(480Kb), text data already converted
in data base format, so I just need create text file
(.txt). But when I tried copy data from Excel, then paste
it into Notepad, it shows message "not enough memory.."
Hove I can copy/paste data from Excel in Notepad?
Thanks

AA2e72E[_2_]

CSV to TXT: how to

You must be using Windows 95 or possibly Windows 98. Are you

Earlier versions of NotePad could not cope with more than 64K of data. If you have WorkPad,use that instead.

Bob Phillips[_6_]

CSV to TXT: how to

or even get a copy of Textpad at www.textpad.com, not supported anymore, but
still doqnloadable.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"AA2e72E" wrote in message
You must be using Windows 95 or possibly Windows 98. Are you?

Earlier versions of NotePad could not cope with more than 64K of data. If

you have WorkPad,use that instead.

Alex[_13_]

CSV to TXT: how to

Yes, I use Windows-98. Now with WordPad this normal,O.K.
Perhaps, there is some convenient tool allowing precisely
convert Excel .csv file to text data file (.txt)avoiding
some interim steps(macros etc)? (though it not a very
difficult)

You must be using Windows 95 or possibly Windows 98. Are

you?

Earlier versions of NotePad could not cope with more than

64K of data. If you have WorkPad,use that instead.
.

Dave Peterson[_3_]

CSV to TXT: how to

CSV files are text files (each field separated by a comma).

What do you mean by .Txt?

(Maybe a simple rename would be sufficient.)