-   -   excel extensions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/295570-excel-extensions.html)

sherry

excel extensions

when I open a workbook in excel it opens 2 duplicate workbooks with the extensions .xls:1 and .xls:
How was this created and how can I get rid of it?

Tom Ogilvy

excel extensions

with the workbook open and one of the windows the active window, go to the
little x in the upper left right corner of the window and click it to close
that window.
Now save the workbook.

You create this situation with Window=New

and then saving the workbook

It is just another window into the workbook.

Tom Ogilvy

"sherry" wrote in message
when I open a workbook in excel it opens 2 duplicate workbooks with the

extensions .xls:1 and .xls:2
How was this created and how can I get rid of it?

kkknie[_49_]

excel extensions

You may have gotten it by accidentally selecting the Window menu and Ne
Window option. I believe you can just close one of them out and sav
your workbook again. It should not be there the next time you ope
it.

Vasant Nanavati

excel extensions

You have two windows of the same workbook open. Close one of the windows by
clicking the x button (the inner button at the top right corner of the
window; not the outer application button). Be sure to save the workbook
after.

--

Vasant