-   -   Count by the Text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/295552-count-text.html)

dragontale[_5_]

Count by the Text

All,

I have one column have text value as "F", "P", "N", "D", And I want t
count how many "F" I have and then put the number into another cell.
need to do the same to other values too (P, N and D)

How to do this? I have tried a few formula, but it doesn't work. Than
you in advance.

Regards

Tom Ogilvy

Count by the Text

=countif("R:R","F")

replace F iwth P, N, D

Change R:R to refer to the column with the data

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"dragontale " wrote in message
All,

I have one column have text value as "F", "P", "N", "D", And I want to
count how many "F" I have and then put the number into another cell. I
need to do the same to other values too (P, N and D)

How to do this? I have tried a few formula, but it doesn't work. Thank
you in advance.

Regards,

---

dragontale[_6_]