-   -   Making some rows uneditable (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/295517-making-some-rows-uneditable.html)

sameerce[_7_]

Making some rows uneditable

Hi,
I wanted only some rows to be non editable by the user and rest of th
rows should be editable. I know that this is possible using th
protection option, but in this case it locks the whole worksheet. I wa
to lock only certain ranges in the worksheet without having to give an
password.
How can this be done?

Thanks,
Samee

Harald Staff

Making some rows uneditable

Hi Sameer

Protection locks everything that you haven't spesifically marked "not
locked". So that's what you have to do, there are no "just a little
protection" methods anywhere.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please

"sameerce " skrev i melding
I wanted only some rows to be non editable by the user and rest of the
rows should be editable. I know that this is possible using the
protection option, but in this case it locks the whole worksheet. I wat
to lock only certain ranges in the worksheet without having to give any
password.
How can this be done?

Thanks,
Sameer

---

Michel Pierron[_2_]

Making some rows uneditable

Hi sameerce;
For example (the user is likely to be surprised)

Dim oldCell As String

If oldCell = "" Then oldCell = "A1"
Select Case Target.Row
Case 10, 12, 14, 16, 21 To 23: Range(oldCell).Select
Case Else: oldCell = Target.Address
End Select
End Sub

MP