-   -   last occurence (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/295507-last-occurence.html)

monika

last occurence

can it be possible to find the last occurence of a word,
rather than the 1st occurence in a particular column. I
hope i am clear

thanks
monika

fabalicious[_10_]

last occurence

Public Function LastOcc(Table As Range, Value As Variant)
' Finds the last occurence of a value in the first column

Dim i As Integer

For i = 1 To Table.Rows.Count

If Table.Cells(i, 1) = Value Then
LastOcc = i
End If

Next i

End Functio

fabalicious[_11_]

last occurence

Hi Monika.

This is modification of a function that finds you the k-th occurence of
a value. I didn't try it out so let me know in case it doesn't work,
alright?

Fabalicious

---

Rob van Gelder[_4_]

last occurence

How about this:

Sub test()
Dim rng As Range

With ActiveSheet.Columns(2)
Set rng = .Find("FindMe", .Cells(1), xlValues, xlPart, xlByColumns,
xlPrevious, False)
If Not rng Is Nothing Then rng.Select
End With

"monika" wrote in message
can it be possible to find the last occurence of a word,
rather than the 1st occurence in a particular column. I
hope i am clear

thanks
monika

fabalicious[_12_]

last occurence

Public Function LastOcc(Table As Range, Value As Variant, Col A
Integer)
' Finds the last occurence of a value in the first column

Dim i As Integer

For i = 1 To Table.Rows.Count

If Table.Cells(i, Col) = Value Then
LastOcc = i
End If

Next i

End Function

...almost the same as above but the function takes the column you wan
to search in as an argument (while before search could only b
performed in column 1). there's one restriction to this solution: th
cell containing the function should not be in the same column you ar
looking for occurences ... (will return '0' otherwise even if you
value does occur in this column)

Fa