-   -   Programming to search for a cell with certain value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/295473-programming-search-cell-certain-value.html)

ms newsgrp

Programming to search for a cell with certain value

I would like to be able to search for a cell with a certain string value?
Then get that cells postions. Is there a way to programmatically to do that?
Thanks

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Programming to search for a cell with certain value

Record a macro when you do it manually and you'll see the code.

You can tweak it later.

Use Edit|Find when you're recording.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Programming to search for a cell with certain value

The code you use in VB will be very similar to the code inherent to VBA.

If you look at Tom Ogilvy's code for your other question, you'll see how it fits
in.

ms newsgrp wrote:

I am not using macro. I am programming it from VB.

ms newsgrp wrote:

I would like to be able to search for a cell with a certain string

value?
Then get that cells postions. Is there a way to programmatically to do

that?
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Randy Birch

Programming to search for a cell with certain value

Check your system date -- you're 5 years off.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

"ms newsgrp" wrote in message
: I am not using macro. I am programming it from VB.
:
:
:
:
:
: ...
: ms newsgrp wrote:
:
: I would like to be able to search for a cell with a certain string
: value?
: Then get that cells postions. Is there a way to programmatically to do
: that?
: Thanks
:
: --
:
: Dave Peterson
:
:
:

Rick Rothstein[_2_]

Programming to search for a cell with certain value

Picky! Picky! Picky!

At least the month and day are correct... come on, let's give him SOME
credit, alright?<g

Rick

: