-   -   Copy-Paste Special-linking problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/295466-copy-paste-special-linking-problem.html)

AW

Copy-Paste Special-linking problem

I hope someone can help with this problem

In office 2000 I have an excel template which when accessed, opens a
document based on that template.
In the spreadsheet there is a commandbutton which opens a document based on
a word template.

Using-copypaste specialexcel link, I am able to place values from cells on
the spreadsheet into the Word Document. All these links are set up between
the Excel and Word Templates. The issue I have is that as well as updating
the documents,I'm prompted to save changes to the Templates.

Is there anyway to stop/prevent the updating of the templates

TIA

Al@n