-   -   Filter 2 columns onto Sheet 2!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/295029-filter-2-columns-onto-sheet-2-a.html)

sparky3883[_6_]

Filter 2 columns onto Sheet 2!!

Hi All.

I have a file which contains 2 sheets. Sheet 1 holds all my info an
Sheet 2 holds selected info from Sheet 1.

At the moment, i am using the Data|Filter|AdvanceFilter option to cop
a column from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2.

I was wondering if it is possible to use this feature to copy tw
columns together from sheet 1 to sheet 2.

For example, if i needed to copy infromation from Columns A and D(bot
down to Row 20), how can i go about doing this without having to do th
Data|Filter|Advance Filter option twice?

Is this possible? Would i need to record a macro?

Any help is very much appreciate

Tom Ogilvy

Filter 2 columns onto Sheet 2!!

In sheet2, just put the header for column A in A1 and the header for column
D in B1 and designate those two cells as your destination.

So if sheet1 had the headers

header1 header2 header3 header4 header5

on sheet2 you would put

header1 header4

then run the advanced filter, specifying copy and designating Sheet2!A1:B1
as the destination.

Tom Ogilvy

"sparky3883 " wrote in message
Hi All.

I have a file which contains 2 sheets. Sheet 1 holds all my info and
Sheet 2 holds selected info from Sheet 1.

At the moment, i am using the Data|Filter|AdvanceFilter option to copy
a column from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2.

I was wondering if it is possible to use this feature to copy two
columns together from sheet 1 to sheet 2.

For example, if i needed to copy infromation from Columns A and D(both
down to Row 20), how can i go about doing this without having to do the
Data|Filter|Advance Filter option twice?

Is this possible? Would i need to record a macro?

Any help is very much appreciated

---