-   -   Excel 2003 v Excel 2000 info please... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/294923-excel-2003-v-excel-2000-info-please.html)

ste mac

Excel 2003 v Excel 2000 info please...

Hi There...
I am running XL2000 and am seriously considering purchasing XL2003..

My question: Is XL2003 backwards compatible down to XL2000 without
any problems? I have a lot of work done in XL2000 and upgrading then
finding out its not, is not a good thing.. thanks for any help..

seeya ste

Frank Kabel

Excel 2003 v Excel 2000 info please...

Hi
I had no problems with this upgrade. the file format stays the same.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

ste mac wrote:
Hi There...
I am running XL2000 and am seriously considering purchasing XL2003..

My question: Is XL2003 backwards compatible down to XL2000 without
any problems? I have a lot of work done in XL2000 and upgrading then
finding out its not, is not a good thing.. thanks for any help..

seeya ste

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Excel 2003 v Excel 2000 info please...

I don't have Excel2003 myself, but there is no problem with XL2000 to
XL2002, and I am sure you will be fine.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ste mac" wrote in message
om...
Hi There...
I am running XL2000 and am seriously considering purchasing XL2003..

My question: Is XL2003 backwards compatible down to XL2000 without
any problems? I have a lot of work done in XL2000 and upgrading then
finding out its not, is not a good thing.. thanks for any help..

seeya ste

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Excel 2003 v Excel 2000 info please...

John Walkenbach has a couple of reviews (xl2002 and xl2003) at:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm

You may want to read what he says.

And read what MS says:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...o/compare.mspx

And make sure you can run it:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...fo/sysreq.mspx

ste mac wrote:

Hi There...
I am running XL2000 and am seriously considering purchasing XL2003..

My question: Is XL2003 backwards compatible down to XL2000 without
any problems? I have a lot of work done in XL2000 and upgrading then
finding out its not, is not a good thing.. thanks for any help..

seeya ste

--

Dave Peterson

ste mac

Excel 2003 v Excel 2000 info please...

Thanks for the info guys... I checked out the links and it
seems there is no problem... cheers

seeya ste

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Excel 2003 v Excel 2000 info please...

I never thought that there was a problem. I just wondered if it was worth the
bucks???

(Check John Walkenbach's review once more. I'm not trying to talk you out of
it--just be aware of what you're getting with your upgrade.)

ste mac wrote:

Thanks for the info guys... I checked out the links and it
seems there is no problem... cheers

seeya ste

--

Dave Peterson

ste mac

Excel 2003 v Excel 2000 info please...

Thanks Dave, I had a look at Johns site and it seems that if it can
be done in XL2000 then as you say 'is it worth the money' so I think
I will stick with what I have for now... thanks for your help...

seeya ste

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Excel 2003 v Excel 2000 info please...

From what I've read, that seems like a very reasonable decision.

ste mac wrote:

Thanks Dave, I had a look at Johns site and it seems that if it can
be done in XL2000 then as you say 'is it worth the money' so I think
I will stick with what I have for now... thanks for your help...

seeya ste

--

Dave Peterson

TH[_3_]

Excel 2003 v Excel 2000 info please...

See this recent post (which I easily found by Googling the Excel newsgroups)

http://www.google.com/groups?q=2000+...Public.E xcel
..*&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=%23jZes2R4DHA.1428%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gb
l&rnum=2

TH

On 4/15/04 19:57, in article , "Dave Peterson"
wrote:

From what I've read, that seems like a very reasonable decision.

ste mac wrote:

Thanks Dave, I had a look at Johns site and it seems that if it can
be done in XL2000 then as you say 'is it worth the money' so I think
I will stick with what I have for now... thanks for your help...

seeya ste

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Excel 2003 v Excel 2000 info please...

A shorter link:
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=%2...GP12.phx. gbl

TH wrote:

See this recent post (which I easily found by Googling the Excel newsgroups)

http://www.google.com/groups?q=2000+...Public.E xcel
.*&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=%23jZes2R4DHA.1428%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gb
l&rnum=2

TH

On 4/15/04 19:57, in article , "Dave Peterson"
wrote:

From what I've read, that seems like a very reasonable decision.