Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat)
Author: Dreamboat on Word
Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com
Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com

In another column
"dan rube" wrote in message
om...
do you know how in Excel where I have in column 1 name
and (without < signs) in same colum
to do global change so all names in column 1 have < signs

Thanks Alot

dan

David Prout

Simple ?

Assuming addresses start in cell A1 enter in cell B1

=if(left(A1,1)="<",+A1,+"<" & A1 & "")

Copy down as far as necessary

convert them back to text using Edit/Paste/Special Values

DavidP

On 12 Apr 2004 15:49:45 -0700, (dan rube) wrote:

do you know how in Excel where I have in column 1 name
and
(without < signs) in same colum
to do global change so all names in column 1 have < signs

Thanks Alot

dan

Robert McCurdy

Simple ?

Select the cells.
Find
Replace

and be sure to tick Find entire cells only.

Regards Robert

"dan rube" wrote in message om...
do you know how in Excel where I have in column 1 name
and
(without < signs) in same colum
to do global change so all names in column 1 have < signs

Thanks Alot

dan

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (