-   -   Array Type programming (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/294837-array-type-programming.html)

Xavier Susai

Array Type programming

Hi there,
I have a massive project that I have to undertake in order
to graduate my Science degree.

I am required to process the B727 Manual into excel and
have a flight plan sheet which should automatically select
the right data and insert it into another worksheet.

For instance:

If I put in a height of 33000 feet, and the takeoff weight
is 76000kgs, and the temperature is +10 above the standard
temperature range, the climb fuel will be 2345kgs, and the
time taken will be 23 mins.
Or, If the height is 35000feet, and the takeoff weight is
74000kg at the standard temperature the climb fuel will be
2100kg at 19mins.

None of the tables are linear or at any proportion so
there won't be a y= mx + c equation to solve it.
This is usually done manually, but I need a working excel
table to automatically put in the data into another active
worksheet.

Can someone help me?

Xavier

Tom Ogilvy

Array Type programming

Are you asking if someone has entered in all the tables for the data or are
you asking how to do a linear interpolation.

Generally, when asked to do an interpolation between table values,
particularly if manual, the interpolation is done using linear rules between
the bounding values.

What is it you are looking for help on?

Tom Ogilvy