-   -   Retrieving data with SQL and ODBC selected by key values in cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/294730-retrieving-data-sql-odbc-selected-key-values-cells.html)

Clint[_2_]

Retrieving data with SQL and ODBC selected by key values in cells

Can someone point me to a source of information that will jump start me on using SQL and ODBC to retrieve data from an external data source selected by key values that are in a column of cells? I am writing some VBA code to automate a number of steps for clerical users and would like to save them data entry by retrieving data items associated with key value(s) entered. I'm reasonably up to speed with VBA in general - just need a jump start for these methods I haven't used before.

Clint[_2_]

Retrieving data with SQL and ODBC selected by key values in cells

I guess this question was a bit to deep for the regular responders. There certainly was a lot of reply activity on simpler questions following this one over the weekend. Maybe it was too tough for a holiday weekend.