-   -   Comparing rows of data in two worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/294023-re-comparing-rows-data-two-worksheets.html)

bogeyinsf

Comparing rows of data in two worksheets

Hey Bernie,

I'm having the same problem as Sheena. I need to compare two simila
sheets. I need a macro that will help me compare values that ar
present in both sheets and values in one that's missing in the other
and vice versa. I was told that there is some nested function that
need to create, but I don't know where to start.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jaco

--
Message posted from
http://www.ExcelForum.com

Chris_Fifield

bogeyinsf wrote:
*Hey Bernie,

I'm having the same problem as Sheena. I need to compare two simila
sheets. I need a macro that will help me compare values that ar
present in both sheets and values in one that's missing in the other
and vice versa. I was told that there is some nested function that
need to create, but I don't know where to start.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jacob *

I would copy the data from both spreadsheets into separat
2-dimensional arrays, then loop through one array to find matches i
the other array. Use the array indexes themselves to know where on th
spreadsheet the matches are found

--
Message posted from
http://www.ExcelForum.com