-   -   Simple Question, need quick answer please (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/293784-simple-question-need-quick-answer-please.html)

Stevie_mac

Simple Question, need quick answer please

Is there a way - in excel, to run SQL like queries on a sheet of data within the same workbook

E.g.
Sheet1 has data
In sheet 2, macro runs "SELECT * FROM Sheet1 WHERE Sheet1.Col1 < 5"

I know there is ways to simulate this (by looping data) but I need to do several different parameterised queries

Thanks in advance.

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Simple Question, need quick answer please

You can use ADO to look at sheets within a workbook, but this can only be on
a file saved to disk, not the open workbook. It can be the same workbook as
the open one, but it will look at the saved version.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips