-   -   Open With... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/293589-open.html)

Binkus

Open With...

Hi, I posted this in w98 Gen'l disc'n., but it probably
belongs here.
I have 4 excel files; one is password protected.
Apparently, someone tried to open the files files in "open
with" and used BNL as the program. BNL has been traced to
a 'roller coaster game' that has been downloaded
by "IDUNNO". 3 files can be viewed in quikview. The
protected one cannot be opened. It says to register
with 'P&J Software', whoever they are.

Is there a way to re-open the files as '.xls' in MS Office?
Is there a way to get to the password enter screen?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Nigel[_6_]

Open With...

Try looking here.... http://www.lostpassword.com/excel.htm