-   -   V.B selecting ranges for naming (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/293537-v-b-selecting-ranges-naming.html)

ice_cool[_2_]

V.B selecting ranges for naming

HI, i have a problem with a worksheet_change event that i am trying t
put together and was wondering if anyone could help me.
This is what i have at the moment.

VB:

' Hide operations from the user
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("workers").Select
Range("D3").Select
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="worker_code", RefersToR1C1:= _
"=Workers!R3C4:R14C4"
Range("D2").Select

what i want it to do is rename a range of cells with data in them.
But i dont know how to make the line which says

VB:
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="worker_code", RefersToR1C1:= _
"=Workers!R3C4:R14C4"

do the same procedure as while re-naming that range.

VB:

I hope i have given you enough information to help you understand m
problem. Please any help would be greatly appreciated

Bob Phillips[_6_]

V.B selecting ranges for naming

Is this what you mean

Sheets("workers").Range("D3",Range("D3").End(xlDow n)).Name:="worker_code
Range("D2").Select

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

HI, i have a problem with a worksheet_change event that i am trying to

------

' Hide operations from the user
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("workers").Select
Range("D3").Select
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="worker_code", RefersToR1C1:= _
"=Workers!R3C4:R14C4"
Range("D2").Select

------

what i want it to do is rename a range of cells with data in them.
But i dont know how to make the line which says

VB:

------
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="worker_code", RefersToR1C1:= _
"=Workers!R3C4:R14C4"

------

do the same procedure as while re-naming that range.

VB:

------

------

I hope i have given you enough information to help you understand my
problem. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

---

Tom Ogilvy

V.B selecting ranges for naming

With Sheets("workers")
.Range(.Range("D3"), _
.Range("D3").End(xlDown)).Name _
= "worker_code"
End With
End Sub

works for me and is hidden from the user. Or to use Bob's approach

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("workers").Select
Sheets("workers").Range("D3", _
Sheets("workers").Range("D3") _
.End(xlDown)).Name = "worker_code"
Sheets("workers").Range("D2").Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

You need to qualify entries on the active sheet since this is in the sheet
code of a different sheet.

Tom Ogilvy