-   -   Help: selecting part of an array (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/293509-help-selecting-part-array.html)

Philbyinsydney

Help: selecting part of an array

I want to write a function that calls in a whole array and then doe
different things to different parts

Function compress(array)

topleft = array's top left cell ?????

End Function

Thank

Alan Beban[_4_]

Help: selecting part of an array

You might want to consider the functions in the freely downloadable file
at http://home.pacbell.net/beban. The function "SubArray", for example,
takes an array, the new first column, the new last column, the new first
row and the new last row, and returns the specified subarray.

For the top left cell, for example, =SubArray(myArray,1,1,1,1), although
myArray(1,1) is obviously more sensible for such a simple case.

Ala Beban

Philbyinsydney < wrote:
I want to write a function that calls in a whole array and then does
different things to different parts

Function compress(array)

topleft = array's top left cell ?????

End Function