-   -   Auto Filling a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/293460-auto-filling-column.html)

ExcelMonkey[_100_]

Auto Filling a column

I have a column with data B2:B8785. The next column C, has a formual i
the first row (C2). I want to drag C2 down until it populates to th
same max row as column B (8785). If I double click on the bottom righ
corder of C2 and record this in VBA I get:

Range("C2").Select
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("C2:C8785")
Range("C2:C8785").Select

Note that VBA goes immeditealy to C8575. But what if the row in colum
B is variable? How do I code this so that the autofill for C2 fills t
the max row of column B?

Thank

Ron de Bruin

Auto Filling a column

Try this then

Sub test()
Dim Lrow As Long
Lrow = Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
Range("C2").AutoFill Destination:=Range("C2:C" & Lrow)

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)
www.rondebruin.nl

"ExcelMonkey " wrote in message ...
I have a column with data B2:B8785. The next column C, has a formual in
the first row (C2). I want to drag C2 down until it populates to the
same max row as column B (8785). If I double click on the bottom right
corder of C2 and record this in VBA I get:

Range("C2").Select
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("C2:C8785")
Range("C2:C8785").Select

Note that VBA goes immeditealy to C8575. But what if the row in column
B is variable? How do I code this so that the autofill for C2 fills to
the max row of column B?

Thanks

---