-   -   NetDDE problem - from a non-interactive session (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/293237-netdde-problem-non-interactive-session.html)

Diego Zeballos Fraigne

NetDDE problem - from a non-interactive session

Hi there, we have a problem when using NetDDE from a non-interactive session

Our solution is a VB6 program which - among other things - requests data from a DDE server. The program is not a service itself but it is activated by another program which is a service. When we try to get the data from DDE - using NetDDE since the data is located in a different server - the connection is established but we cannot get the data. We have tried using a VB form (using standard LinkRequest method) and through DDEML library functions. It seems that you cannot get the data if there's not an interactive session. Can you help me, please?. Thanks

Please respond to or to (Use this one if your answer includes files an so on)...