-   -   pivot table doesn't work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/293120-pivot-table-doesnt-work.html)

jrh

pivot table doesn't work

i would like to use pivot tables to sum up data by sales
person and then copy into a formatted template. We have 4
types of sales and would like to do a pivot table for each
sales person but if a sales person doesn't have any of a
certain type of sale, the pivot table doesn't even list
that type of sale when summarizing that person's numbers.
How can you make a pivot table show all possibilities even
if a particular person doesn't have it. or should I be
using some other method?

thank you.

BrianB

pivot table doesn't work

Double-click the grey field header.
Check "Show items with no data".
If there is no record in the main table make a blank one for th
person