-   -   using SeriesCollection to plot arrays of data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/293064-re-using-seriescollection-plot-arrays-data.html)

Tom Ogilvy

using SeriesCollection to plot arrays of data

after you successfully assign the array, look at the chart and select that
series. Look in the formula bar to see how your data is stored. The
maximum length of a formula is 1024 characters. I suspect you are bumping
up against this limitation.

Tom Ogilvy

"Joe90" wrote in message
I was using arrays (sngle column) to specify the values to plot using

code similar to this:

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = PosLvlMtx

PosLvlMtx was defined as a single array.

Whenever it got to the line ActiveChart.SeriesColection.NewSeries I would

get this error:

"Object Variable or With Block Variable not set"

PosLvlMtx had 17 rows. I then changed it to 14 rows and it worked

perfectly OK!

Has anybody else ever struck this problem? Anybody know of a workaround?

Jon Peltier

using SeriesCollection to plot arrays of data

Not only is the formula length limited to 1024, but each piece of the
formula (Values, XValues) is limited to 256. So you'll never even
approach 1024.

On this web page I discuss some strategies to increase the number of
values you can squeeze into 256 characters:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...ChartData.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP