-   -   Cell formatting from within a function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/293047-cell-formatting-within-function.html)

Unsichtbar

Cell formatting from within a function

Is it possible to write a custom function which when executed in a cel
,automatically changes its formatting?

Ideally this would look something like this:

FUNCTION CUBE(X) AS DOUBLE
CUBE=X^3
(PSEUDO-CODE --) IF CUBE3 THEN ACTIVECELL.COLOR=RED_

END FUNCTION

I would appreciate any ideas on the subject.Thanks for your attentio

Jan Karel Pieterse

Cell formatting from within a function

Hi Unsichtbar,

Is it possible to write a custom function which when executed in a cell
,automatically changes its formatting?

Check out conditional formatting (Format, conditional format).

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Cell formatting from within a function

With Conditional Formatting you can change some Font attributes (colour,
style), borders and cell colour, but that's all. Check it out in help.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Unsichtbar " wrote in message
Is it possible to write a custom function which when executed in a cell
,automatically changes its formatting?

Ideally this would look something like this:

FUNCTION CUBE(X) AS DOUBLE
CUBE=X^3
(PSEUDO-CODE --) IF CUBE3 THEN ACTIVECELL.COLOR=RED_

END FUNCTION

I would appreciate any ideas on the subject.Thanks for your attention

---