-   -   Clear Doesnt Work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/292870-clear-doesnt-work.html)

ExcelMonkey[_92_]

Clear Doesnt Work

I have a named cell in B2. I want to clear all the data starting for
C2 onward down the columns. The following works if my cursor is on th
worksheet of the named cell.

Range("NamedCell").Offset(0, 1).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
Selection.ClearContents

How can I mod this so that I do not have to be on the sheet itself?

Thank-yo

Chip Pearson

Clear Doesnt Work

Try the following:

With Range("NamedCell")
Range(.Offset(0, 1), .Offset(0, 1).End(xlToRight)).Clear
End With

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"ExcelMonkey " wrote
in message ...
I have a named cell in B2. I want to clear all the data

starting form
C2 onward down the columns. The following works if my cursor

is on the
worksheet of the named cell.

Range("NamedCell").Offset(0, 1).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
Selection.ClearContents

How can I mod this so that I do not have to be on the sheet

itself?

Thank-you

---

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Clear Doesnt Work

With Worksheets("Sheet1")
.Range(.Range("NamedCell").Offset(0, 1),
..Range("NamedCell").Offset(0, 1).End(xlToRight)).ClearContents
End With

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ExcelMonkey " wrote in message
I have a named cell in B2. I want to clear all the data starting form
C2 onward down the columns. The following works if my cursor is on the