-   -   running an password protected application (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/292773-re-running-password-protected-application.html)

arno

running an password protected application

Hi Susan,

on the winzip-website you can find a command line tool, check if you can
pass the password as a parameter with that tool.

arno

"susan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a question.

In order to use a macro, a certain exe file has to be unzipped. The

zipped file is password
proctected. When my user receives the file (via email), he detaches it

and double-clicks
on it. (When you double-click it automatically prompts you for the

password. And if the
password is correct - it unzips the file).

Now my user only wants to detach the file. He wants the macro to do the

rest. I figured
out how to run the exe using the "shell" command but now:
a) I can't figure out how to automatically put in the password and
b) how to get the rest of the program to wait until the exe finishes.

Thanks for your help.